One of the core priorities for the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust is the development of outstanding school leaders. We are dedicated to providing an organisation which will:
- develop inspirational school leaders for the future through high quality recruitment, professional development and coaching;
- invest in joint training, peer coaching, sharing good practice and professional dialogue in a climate of trust;
- continually improve, exploring new ways of working, alternative curriculums and innovation;
- strategically plan to produce the next generation of high quality school leaders.
At The L.E.A.D. Academy Trust we have a wide range of benefits for our staff, including the following:
Click one of the surrounding circles to see more information regarding each individual heading
Support staff can enrol the Local Government Pension Scheme for Support Staff with employer contributions of C.19%. Teachers are enrolled in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with employer contributions of 23.68%. All L.E.A.D. employees also can have access to 3 x salary life assurance cover.
Local Government Pension Scheme
Teacher’s Pension Scheme
Teaching is renowned for attracting a significant amount of time off during the school holidays. Our support staff also benefit from an enhanced holiday allowance of between 22 up to a maximum of 34 days, in addition to any Bank or Public holidays. This allowance is dependent on the role and amount of service, increasing after 5 and 10 years’ service.
Employee Assistance Programme
The Trust is committed to supporting staff wellbeing. We partner with specialist provider, Health Assured, to offer a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme to all employees. This service includes access to:
- A 24/7 free phone helpline 365 days per year to access in the moment support, whether that be for emotional, financial, legal or other lifestyle matters
- Structured telephone or face-to-face counselling where further support is required
- A wealth of well-being and health resources via the online health portal and app which is available to the employee, their spouse or partner and any dependents over the age of 16.
About your EAP
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We provide excellent training and development opportunities within the Trust, including a full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers.
Training is both local and/or delivered through our excellent stand-alone training facility at the L.E.A.D. Equate Teaching School Alliance
Access to Discount for Teachers & Teacher Perks
The above websites are available to anyone working in education and offer discounts and cash back for a huge range of products, including travel, shopping, insurance, motoring & utilities.
L.E.A.D. Living Wage
All roles (with the exception of apprentices) across the Trust will be paid a minimum hourly rate in line with the Living Wage amount. This rate is reviewed annually in line with inflation.
Free Eye Tests for VDU Users
If you are a visual display user you are eligible to an eye care voucher every other year. The voucher entitles you to an initial test and if the test shows you need glasses for VDU use, you are entitled to a free frame and pair of prescription lenses from the Vision Express basic range, alternatively Vision Express will give you £45 off a pair of prescription glasses from any other range.
L.E.A.D. Academy Trust actively encourage our employees to obtain a seasonal flu vaccination by ensuring this is free of charge, should they not already be eligible.